It’s easy to forget about your water heater until, all of a sudden, the hot water disappears. After all, the heater itself is usually tucked away in a utility closet, down in the basement, or somewhere else where you don’t have to look at it very often.
However, it’s good to think about your water heater every now and then. If you can notice that it is having problems and get it replaced before it dies, you won’t have to go without hot water at all. For water heater services like installation or water heater repair in Costa Mesa, connect with your experts at DC Drains & Plumbing.
Signs You Need A Costa Mesa Water Heater Replacement
These are signs that many homeowners notice before their Orange County water heater goes out entirely. Pick up on these, give us a call, and we’ll take care of it before your hot water goes away.
- Your water heater is noisy. For the most part, water heaters should work silently or nearly so. If yours is making banging or clanging noises, it’s time to have it looked at. This can mean that something has come loose, or that there is sediment built up somewhere. We’ll locate the problem and let you know if water heater repair in Costa Mesa is possible, or if a new heater is your best option.
- Your hot water is (or becomes) lukewarm. You should have plenty of hot water for all of your needs. If you feel like it isn’t getting as hot as it used to, or if it starts out hot but then becomes lukewarm, it’s time to have your water heater checked out. It may have lost some heating capacity. If so, you’re due for Costa Mesa water heater replacement.
- Your hot water doesn’t last as long. Most homeowners know how long of a shower they can take before the hot water goes out, or how many places they can use hot water at a time before it’s gone too fast. If your hot water used to last longer than it does now, it might be time to replace your hot water heater.
- Your Orange County water heater is more than 10 years old. Sometimes, water heaters last a lot longer than 10 years without problems. However, many will start to have issues right around the 10 year mark. If that’s how old yours is and you have started noticing some diminished functioning, it may be the right time to replace it.
- You spend a lot on water heater repair in Costa Mesa or the surrounding areas. At some point, it’s in your best financial interests to replace your water heater, rather than continuing to repair it. We will help you figure out when it’s a better choice to get a new water heater for you and your family.
Maintenance, Installation & Water Heater Repair Costa Mesa, CA
Getting a new water heater doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Our professional Costa Mesa plumbers will help you choose one based on your house size, your current hookups (gas or electric), your hot water usage, and your budget. We can even help you find one with a particular energy star rating, if that is important to you. Don’t worry about your hot water, just give us a call at DC Drains & Plumbing!